T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DTG Kiosk II (bought used) with current rip software that comes with it. By the way, I love it and have not had any problems yet (knock on wood) that one reads so much about here on this forum. My mantra - daily use and cleaning.

I have an issue with how the blue prints and I was wondering if someone could help. I am satisfied with how other colors print, but anytime there is blue involved it prints much too dark. I don't know if this is that there is too much ink being put down, or if it is a profile issue or just what. I have attached a couple of images for you to look at.

Image 1 is how the design should look (approximately) and Image 2 is how it printed.

Any ideas?

Your help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use both Photoshop and CorelDraw. In this case I was printing from CorelDraw.

The color management was set to the default settings.

The printer is set at NTSC 1953 and SWOP Simulated. Is this what you are asking?

Photoshop, which I also print from, is set to let the printer determine colors.

As I think through my previous jobs, I don't recall having the same problem with Photoshop. But then, I don't know for sure.

Should I turn color management off in Corel?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Those are the correct printer settings so at least that is not the problem. Send me the image file and I will print it on my Kiosk tomorrow and see what it comes out like... tfalk at cobrapromotionsgroup dot com

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The file printed correctly on my Kiosk, virtually identical to the first image you posted. Are your nozzle checks good and in the correct order? I ask because someone else recently had a problem where the black and blue lines were switched - your print would remind me of that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for testing it for me. All my lines are in the correct order. And,the only problem I am having is with blue graphics/cyan color. Everything else prints well. If the image has an area of heavy blue, it comes out much, much too dark. It is not quite as bad when printing from photoshop versus coreldraw, but still too dark. If anyone has any sugestions it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for test-printing it Ted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts