T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I am running a Kiosk 2 & DTG RIP Pro V.04 with DTGINKS.

I have been having color matching issues. Please view the attached images. I understand that my RIP is matched to Colman DTG inks and not Dans DTGINKS, but the gold, orange & navy colors are waaaay off.

1. The first image shows a board with some vinyl swatches on it, on the computer screen is how it appears in PS after being scanned in. Not exact, but close enough for my test.

2. The second image shows 2 printed versions one is CMYK and the other is RGB along with the board and swatches. The images were printed directely from the rip using the Kiosk 720x720 white cotton predefined setting along with the the rip default source profiles for both the CMYK and the RGB.

I also printed from Corel X5 and PS7 to the rip with the same printed results.

In my opinion this sucks, but that's just me. So I figure I must be doing something wrong... suggestions are welcome. Better yet, I'd be more than happy to email another Kiosk owner using Colman inks the files for them to print out and see if they get the gold , orange and navy to print true.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already did that, all settings produce nearly the same results.

Thanks for your input though.

Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The attached images show an RGB color chart in Corel, and then the printed results. The colors are not even close. Same results doing CMYK. Even a quick glance at the bottom row of colors in the thumbnails will show what I mean.

I ordered samples of Fresners new ink with the "degassing chemistry" added. Should be here next week, I'll print out the color charts again.

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
First off, are you trying to color match for yourself or for a customer????

Did you use one ink (SWF) for an item and then (Dan's) ink for another????

Honestly, we have used every ink out there... SWF, EZ, Dan's, Al ll American Supply. As long as the washable was there and the consistently stayed (which it will never do with the Kiosk alone) we were always happy with dtginks.com

We used the same color profiles from SWF for all of the inks we choose.. for a long time we were using the color profiles for the bright inks..because well the lack of communication from SWF was that we were suppose to use the v02 color profiles.

So.. whatever makes you happy stick with it not everything is perfect. We converted to the bag system and couldn't be happier.

DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!!! you are over thinking the color matching .. there is no way you are going to get colors that look like they are suppose to .. its not screen printing.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
You are welcome... I don't mean to be harsh trust me we racked our brains over this and its just not worth it...

if the ink feels good, washes goods, and customers are happy then stick with it.. try them all I mean it buy every color that is out there and test print your own shirts its a lot of money but what is it wasting in the long run..

it could be your customers, it could be your machine.

We did this and loved dtginks.com happy in every way... but they are bottles and bottles create air so we went with the bag system from Belquette and no more clogs.. read my other posts you will see.

We still love you DAN!!!!! he has the best prices for parts and he is all around great guy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts