T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Just wanted to see how others are doing this and get your feedback.

When i make my quotes I am taking into account a monthly overhead, (even though currently I don't have any overhead besides the basic ink costs etc), I'm planning for a time that I will (like rent, and utilities).

Any ways, do you count your Ink Mixing fee's like Pantone color matching as part of your overhead fees? Or is this an additional fee above overhead for you? Im sure there are plenty of ways to do this, but Im confused if I might be overstating some of my costs and making my quotes higher than they should be.

To figure out my overhead and hourly rate, I take a total cost of supplies, rent, utilities, etc and divide it into how many hours a month I feel I can print, to get an hourly rate. Then I'm trying to figure out about how many hours total a job will take to print (including mixing ink, setting up, printing, boxing, etc.) and calculating the job cost based on the hourly rate plus job costs (and a little markup).

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I charge $10.00 for pantone matching. How did I come up with that number? Well, I tried to charge $15.00 and people *****ed about it every time, so I charged $5.00 and noone *****ed. Bumped it up to $10 a few *****ed about it but most didn't, so I figured that price was about right.

·
Registered
861 Posts
CNClark said:
I charge $10.00 for pantone matching. How did I come up with that number? Well, I tried to charge $15.00 and people *****ed about it every time, so I charged $5.00 and noone *****ed. Bumped it up to $10 a few *****ed about it but most didn't, so I figured that price was about right.
Haha! Nice, You mean no fancy math formula??? Lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts