T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to print a design on my epson WF100.

I made the graphic in Photoshop CS4.. The text in the design is hot pink, but every time I try to print it out the text comes out dark purple?

I've tried every setting I can think of, Photoshop manages color, printer manages color, turn off color managment..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!! I do kids designs and I use alot of PINK!!

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the cobra inks installed on the printer, bought it from richard at cobra inks.

what color profile (cmyk or RGB ) should I be designing in when working in photoshop cs4?

should I be changing something on my printer window when getting ready to print?

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do photos print?
I would use srgb as my working space.

Let printer manage colors in print.

Use photo paper glossy or close
Photo quality

Epson vivid color settings.

Are you printing spot color or photos?
So far everything I've designed has come out just great.
I tried printer manage colors and I use the photo glossy setting and epson vivid.

today's design difference in all my others so far was that the color of the text was hot pink. and it prints out purple. I called a local tshirt seller who kindly told me that the epson works in CMYK and has trouble with Pinks, but said I should just design in CMYK and print that way because thats what the printers does. He also told me to change the color balance on my design to 100% yellow so it adds the magenta to be more of a pinkish tone and that seemed to help a lot.

Up until today i was using sRGB also in photoshop, but for future designs I don't want to advertise something in a color that won't come out right. So, I'm wondering if I should change my photoshop settings to CMYK all the time so I know exactly what I'm getting on the transfer paper.

I just don't want to have to re-think the process with every tshirt design. I want to put my settings where they should be so every time I print I don't have to change anything.

I hope all this makes sense!

· Registered
31 Posts
Hopefully you are using a Windows PC as I had print quality trouble on my Mac and had to switch to a windows machine for printing. Anyways, got into the printer and adjust these settings and see if you get closer.

-15 on yellow, +5 magenta, and +5 blue

Also you might up the saturation to +5.

For settings I have used CMYK and RGB. I think I get better results with RGB. I also use best photo quality paper source sheet, paper type plain.

Hope this helps some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.