T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already own a HP 2600n color laser printer. I see from some searches that it isn't recommended for heat transfers, but I see some "newer" laser papers that may be promising to use.
What is the recommended paper and how well does the image come out and hold up on the shirts?
I am leaning at just "biting the bullet" and buying an Epson ink jet and move forward. I see the ones with ciss are about $250.00 so it is reasonable to purchase. I just hoped to use what I had already.
Thanks and I am learning lots from this forum - I appreciate this Rodney!!

Larry

· Registered
10,809 Posts
We do not recommend the HP Laser Printer for printing on fabrics. Fading after washing is usually the problem. For your new inkjet we would recommend the ClearSoft or Jet Pro papers for light shirts and the ImageJet for darks.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, and as I assumed, the HP 2600n that I have will not do a nice job for me.

Looks like the Epson will be my next purchase so that I can add some custom work to my transfers.

I was just hoping that some "new" paper was out that would be great for HP - :rolleyes:

Regards,
Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.