T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If the head is clogged, try following the steps at this link: https://www.firebirdink.com/saving-printhead-firebird-last-resort-solution/

You don't have the Last Resort solution that article is meant for, but you can try following the steps with regular cleaning solution. This is not a guarantee, and some clogged heads can't be recovered.

You're much more likely to have problems with your printer if you allow it to sit with ink in it without cleaning or printing. While some printers are lucky and have conditions that prevent this, it sounds like you were already seeing some settling in your lines from letting the printer sit. This is an issue for all brands and is worse for the white ink than CMYK.
I see, I will try to clean it.
So do you have any idea for maintenance? Print it every day?

·
Registered
236 Posts
In general, you want to do at least a print a day. If your printer is able, you may also want to turn on auto cleans, which will help keep the ink moving while you are away, but will waste ink.

If you're leaving your printer, try following this guide on letting it sit: https://www.firebirdink.com/knowledge-base/happens-printer-go-vacation/

We can't guarantee that this will keep your printer running for extended periods, and the longer it sits the worse it will be, but it will buy you some time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi all,

Here is an update for you guys about my issue. it's all about Epson 1430 printer, it's not a good choice for DIY DTG printer :(. I'm switching to R2000 now and it seems fine for the beginning. Attach file is my first printing with R2000 and Firebird Pretreatment as well as Firebird Ink.

My question is how many percentage of white ink you guys usually use? I put around 300% now and it may be a little bit too much. Next print I will try to reduce to 250%. :D Hope my experience can help other people who has same issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.