T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a problem with my printing use both pretreatment and ink from Firebird. The color is quite dark compared to the actual design event I have tried to increase the brightness.

Using Acrorip 8.2.6.

Picture 1 is design file.
Picture 2 is white layter.
Picture 3 is color layer.

You can see the right image on tshirt is printed with normal setting, the new one in left is printed with higher brightness and less color ink.

I'm not sure what is a problem, the white is not enough, setting is wrong, pretreatment is wrong? I also have problem with printing white, that white layer which has shown above is printed 3 time :(

Please help. Thank you so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
What is the resolution setting? It looks like this might only be a 720 and should be at 1440. If it's already been raised, try laying down more pretreatment to give a better white, which makes the black show through less. If the shirt is heavy, these typically need more pretreat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the resolution setting? It looks like this might only be a 720 and should be at 1440. If it's already been raised, try laying down more pretreatment to give a better white, which makes the black show through less. If the shirt is heavy, these typically need more pretreat.
The resolution is 1440 already, the t-shirt is quite heavy and I already tried to use around 22g PT for it. Should I increase more?
Could you help me to confirm the step for applying PT for FBX-100 again? Do we have any specific step?

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You can use this link as a guide for pretreating https://www.firebirdink.com/knowledge-base/pretreatment-application-the-definitive-guide/

The short version off that link is:
1 – Fill your automatic pretreatment machine OR manual sprayer (Wagner® HLVP) with FIREBIRD pretreatment. For best results, do not dilute.

2 – Target between 16.5g to 22.0g of FIREBIRD PT per 14” x 17” print area. (This needs to be more for heavier and darker garments)
FBX-100 has a wide application window, but apply as evenly as possible across the shirt.

3 – Set your heat press temperature to 330°F (166°C) with medium pressure.

4 – Heat press the pretreated area for 30 to 60 seconds, or until dry to the touch. Tip: The parchment sheet should “fly” off the t-shirt when the heat press pops open. If you have to peel the sheet off the shirt continue heat pressing at 15 second intervals until fully dried and properly cured.

Most automatic sprayers aren't actually dialed in to any particular amount of spray. Check out this video on how to weigh how much you are laying down yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P7RKTYMxWo

·
Registered
236 Posts
Parchment paper can cause certain problems, but nothing like what your pictures show. If you ever see a shiny box, this is often caused by using a teflon sheet instead of silicone. Reusing teflon on the pretreatment itself can also cause stains.

On the white underbase you can see the shirt showing through. Because of this and because you are printing at a high enough resolution, your issue is probably with pretreatment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The other issue could be that white ink has separated in the lines. You're getting an improvement on the second print because you've pushed some ink through the lines. A lot of DTG users print a large white square to make sure the ink in their lines is fresh.
I'm not really sure abt what you say, can you explain more details about this? Thank you so much!

Parchment paper can cause certain problems, but nothing like what your pictures show. If you ever see a shiny box, this is often caused by using a teflon sheet instead of silicone. Reusing teflon on the pretreatment itself can also cause stains.

On the white underbase you can see the shirt showing through. Because of this and because you are printing at a high enough resolution, your issue is probably with pretreatment.
I have tried again but same, actually I'm not sure what wrong, I have tested to print without PT, the white ink is same :(. Not really sure what wrong with my PT application.

My steps:

1 - Pre press for 10s
2 - Apply pretreatment and press for 30s
3 - Open Heatpress
4 - Press for more 30s until Parchment paper fly on top.
5 - Print.

Please help :(

·
Registered
236 Posts
You need more pretreat. If you're using too little pretreat, you'll see the exact same issue as if you don't use pretreat.

The comment about ink separating in the lines is possible too. If you let your printer sit without printing or running maintenance you will see the first couple prints you make come out poorly, as well as potential machine failures if the ink is allowed to settle for too long.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You need more pretreat. If you're using too little pretreat, you'll see the exact same issue as if you don't use pretreat.

The comment about ink separating in the lines is possible too. If you let your printer sit without printing or running maintenance you will see the first couple prints you make come out poorly, as well as potential machine failures if the ink is allowed to settle for too long.
I have tried but I found that I have problem with my head printer. I'm using 1430 epson base for my DIY DTG. I have used clean solution from firebird but white ink is still blocked. Do you have any idea? It seems the head printer will be block just after few days (1, 2 days) I stop using the printer?

I'm really tired now :( Hope you can help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
If the head is clogged, try following the steps at this link: https://www.firebirdink.com/saving-printhead-firebird-last-resort-solution/

You don't have the Last Resort solution that article is meant for, but you can try following the steps with regular cleaning solution. This is not a guarantee, and some clogged heads can't be recovered.

You're much more likely to have problems with your printer if you allow it to sit with ink in it without cleaning or printing. While some printers are lucky and have conditions that prevent this, it sounds like you were already seeing some settling in your lines from letting the printer sit. This is an issue for all brands and is worse for the white ink than CMYK.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.