T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everybody. Late last week I ran out of white ink, and didn't get more in until this past tuesday. Somehow the white lines picked up black ink, so I'm not getting true white. is there anyway of getting the white to flow and black out of the lines BESIDES purging the system? Has anyone had this problem? Anybody have a solution for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
208 Posts
That is probably because of how the ovals in the maintenance station are connected by drain lines underneath. Ink backflowed into the white oval and then got sucked into white print head(s) during an automatic ink circulation. If it is showing up in your prints, then you need to force out through print line fills and/or purge line fills depending on if the ink has made it into only the print lines, only the purge lines or both. It may not be necessary to flush the whole system.

Good luck.

Eric

· Registered
68 Posts
HI everybody. Late last week I ran out of white ink, and didn't get more in until this past tuesday. Somehow the white lines picked up black ink, so I'm not getting true white. is there anyway of getting the white to flow and black out of the lines BESIDES purging the system? Has anyone had this problem? Anybody have a solution for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Were the empty whites still loaded?
This just started happening to me on my Sprint. I noticed I first noticed it when I loaded 4 new white cartridges (firebird). The CMYK (dupont, I know, I know, this is wrong) is low and will need changing soon. I think for the white ink to be picking up the CMYK ( and it does correspond with the color that could be loaded in each white slot) the white ink must be flowing back to the bag. The only way I can think of this happening is that there is a siphoning effect due to some air entering the lines. I haven't followed up yet because I can get good white by doing a set up print. I'm am going to check the dampers and fittings and go from there.
I use the refillable cleaning solution cartridges and the other thing I did differently and wrong was flushed the white lines with out having the fill plug open (I always leave them open). What this did was create a vaccuum inside the cartridge and it pulled ink all the way inside the CS cartridge. Shortly after, I noticed the CMYK in the White lines.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric, Thanks for your response. The color looked to be pretty far up the lines, and trying to run the ink seemed like it would've taken forever and a day, so I purged the system. definitely made it better.

Sopmac, I am using a MP5i, not the Sprint, so I'm afraid our differences are going to be different. But to answer your question, I did leave the empty cartridges in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.