T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
just yesterday I have faced quite a strange issue. After manual cleaning when I turned the printer on and started to print (without nozzle check) I have noticed that yellow channel is completly missing in print. I didn't have more time to investigate deeper .. however when I was looking to the forum for some tips I haven't found any of them.

Does anybody have the same experience and knows possible solutions? :)

Thanks in advance for your comments!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Yellow dropping is the most common problem..odd you didn't find anything.

Check your damper to see if it's holding yellow ink,if not prime with a syringe do an ink charge and another nozzle check see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh really one of the most common?! =O ... then I had to be extremely lucky for more than 2,5 year! =D .. it never happend to me before..

Thank you very much for quick tip - I will try and get back to you later ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
The yellow is the furthest away from the head therefore as Dazzabling says its the most common to stop printing ,also check your breather hoses ,strength of the pressure pump and finally gets some head unblocker its a nightmare that Dx5 head ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
After a lot of investigation I have the definitive answer to why this happens,we all think that the head is to blame somehow missing nozzles and dropping of colour channels something to do with the tiny holes in the metal plate?,well sometimes it is but the main reason this happens is to do with the injector nipples which are part of the plastic manifold attached to the actual head ,as can be seen from the attached pic there is a very fine metal filter just below the nipple this is what gets blocked first and causes all the starvation ,missing nozzles and droplets of stray ink ,the magenta and yellow seem to be the first to block up due to their chemical makeup being different to the black and cyan ,the white is another story (like pumping glue through there as once it sets it is almost impossible to free) the colour channels can be cleaned with head unblockers eventually but the white is a head killer...

·
Registered
404 Posts
After a lot of investigation I have the definitive answer to why this happens,we all think that the head is to blame somehow missing nozzles and dropping of colour channels something to do with the tiny holes in the metal plate?,well sometimes it is but the main reason this happens is to do with the injector nipples which are part of the plastic manifold attached to the actual head ,as can be seen from the attached pic there is a very fine metal filter just below the nipple this is what gets blocked first and causes all the starvation ,missing nozzles and droplets of stray ink ,the magenta and yellow seem to be the first to block up due to their chemical makeup being different to the black and cyan ,the white is another story (like pumping glue through there as once it sets it is almost impossible to free) the colour channels can be cleaned with head unblockers eventually but the white is a head killer...
here is the pic of the filter mentioned

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey mate,
thanks a lot .. this will surely help in the future.

In this time problem was very basic - not enough of yellow ink in the bottle - therefore low preasure in the ink lines and ink wasn't able to reach printer head properly :)

Everyone - hang on! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.