T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new at this forum. Wil someone know to tell me something more about color changing heat transfer? Should the transfer paper be also color changing? Can someone recomend me some link about color changing transfers depending on temperature?
Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Zlatko and :welcome:

Do you mean like the transfers that change in the sun? Those are affected by UV Rays. Does that help, or do you mean a different kind of color changing transfer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Kelly, can you suggest me some links where can I buy that kind of inks?
Can I use them for printing on transfer paper for heat press?
Can I use them for making transfers on mugs, also? When the water, cofee, tee etc. is hot to apear some image at outside of the mug?
Thank you

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know they make a cup for sublimation that allows a picture to be visible when the cup is hot. I think the ink is regular dye-sub ink, but the cup is designed to have this feature. I know the ink for the garments will not work with ink transfer paper, the ink is designed for screen printing. I would think you may be able to find someone that could make plastisol transfers. .... JB

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Yes Kelly, can you suggest me some links where can I buy that kind of inks?
Can I use them for printing on transfer paper for heat press?
Can I use them for making transfers on mugs, also? When the water, cofee, tee etc. is hot to apear some image at outside of the mug?
Thank you

Back in June, I was asking someone about these inks. They mentioned them in a thread. The person gave a fabulous answer on these inks, as well as a link.

This should definitely kick start your research and give you enough knowledge to take it further.

Beyond giving you this link describing the product and what it is called, I really don't have much more for you. I didn't persue this product at all. Here is that link with info on these UV affected inks:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t50535.html#post298597

I have also seen around the forum or on supplier sites the color changing mugs. I would just do a search on color changing mugs here and just google the term. It's getting to be a more common product, I'm sure it won't take too much to find.

The next closest product I can mention for inkjet heat transfer is glow in the dark heat transfer paper. That is available at Coastal. If you go there and see what it is, from there, you can find more suppliers and compare prices and products. I hope you find something that works for you, and good luck to you. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back in June, I was asking someone about these inks. They mentioned them in a thread. The person gave a fabulous answer on these inks, as well as a link.

This should definitely kick start your research and give you enough knowledge to take it further.

Beyond giving you this link describing the product and what it is called, I really don't have much more for you. I didn't persue this product at all. Here is that link with info on these UV affected inks:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t50535.html#post298597

I have also seen around the forum or on supplier sites the color changing mugs. I would just do a search on color changing mugs here and just google the term. It's getting to be a more common product, I'm sure it won't take too much to find.

The next closest product I can mention for inkjet heat transfer is glow in the dark heat transfer paper. That is available at Coastal. If you go there and see what it is, from there, you can find more suppliers and compare prices and products. I hope you find something that works for you, and good luck to you. :)
Thank you to all, you are so kind, but I have no answer yet for temperature color changing ink for mugs. I do not think that, that kind of mugs can only be bought. I think that picture can be transfered somehow. Please write to me any news.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Sublimation ink is patented by a company called Sawgrass. They do not offer any kind of colour change ink that could be used on mugs. There are sublimation mugs that change colour when a hot drink is poured into them, but that is a temperature reactive coating under the sublimation glaze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts