T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
i bought one of those shirts in the bahamas. It was a Bob marley shirt that would turn rasta colours when it hit the sun. Heat didn't affect it, like hypercolour shirts which used thermochromatic dye. The parts that turn colour are rough after a few washings, the shirt will only turn red and yellow in the sun. BTW, its only the parts with the hard white material that turns colour, the shirt itself does not.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought one of those shirts in the bahamas. It was a Bob marley shirt that would turn rasta colours when it hit the sun. Heat didn't affect it, like hypercolour shirts which used thermochromatic dye. The parts that turn colour are rough after a few washings, the shirt will only turn red and yellow in the sun. BTW, its only the parts with the hard white material that turns colour, the shirt itself does not.
Sounds similar to glow in the dark ink, where the sun actually charges the ink, and changes its color. Was the shirt you bought a white color t-shirt or dark colored, becuase it seems like that site I linked to above only sells light colored shirts. I wonder why that would matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the shirt I bought was white. I only saw white tshirts in the store. If they did black shirts I'd imagine the part that turns colour would look all crusty white at night..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know who sells hypercolour shirt(which used thermochromatic dye) blanks? I would be interested in printing on these, I loved them as a kid!

·
Registered
841 Posts
We have printed with the ink to see how it works, it is real cool only comes out in the sun. We bought some around 3 years ago and I believe back then it was about $180.00 per quart. We are working on our own line of tropical shirts and are planning on looking at using it. Yes it only works on white shirts. We experimented on other light color of shirts but it didn't work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found places who sell the ink that color changes... I have looked everywhere and it doesn't look like anyone sells these blank shirts :( bummer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Body Faders provides both wholesale and retail pricing for thermochromic garments and fabrics. They are releasing a new line of Super Reacto shirts that react even faster than there regular ones. There is only one thermochromic manufacturer and it is Body Faders. You could ask WalMart to make you some but then there goes another 3 million jobs in the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For all your information Body Faders thermochromic effects can be washed as many times as you want in regular washing machines at any temperature with any detergent as long as there are no bleaches. I have a t-shirt that I have washed at least 30 times with jeans in hot and cold water with no problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thermochromatic ink for sure check this out this is a design from one of our clothing lines enclothe.com we used to do alot of it, but its not AS powerful as you would hope

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have opened a new company called Technacolourtees that now has a new formula that is 100% washable in all detergents and machines. New items are tshirts that are 3 times deeper in color and still hold washing perfectly with our new formula called HYPERFIX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We created the dyes and formula. I am the person who revived the hypercolor technologies in the 2000s. I sampled for American Apparel and one month later they poached the idea. All other shirts you see on the market where made by my companies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts