T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:This is my first post. I have had my T-jet blazer Express for 2 years and have kept it in great working condition, But in the last 2weeks my printer has been acting up. I keep getting a whinning and grinding noise from the capping station area.

I ran 2 cleaning cycles and noticed the ink wasn't being pulled through the lines, so i put a little head cleaning solution on the capping station and ran a head cleaning and power cleaning cycle and still no ink was being pulled through the lines to the print head. In fact the capping station pad was still puddling like nothing was being sucked down.

I have manually flushed the ink lines, dampner, and print head, nothing was clogged the the cleaning solution flowed like a river. So I ordered a new capping station, my question is do you think the capping station is the problem?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
:welcome:We're glad to have you aboard.

Sounds like the pump for your capping station is shot, time for a new capping station.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That grinding noise is a little small plastic gear inside the pump. When you start hearing that noise it could mean that there is some ink built up in there and it is unable to move properly or the ink has built up so bad now that the teeth on the gear have broken. You will have to at least take it out to inspect it. But more then likely you will have to replace it. I recommend taking it out once a month to clean it thoroughly. Theres only so much that you can clean with a foam swab.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help fellas, I should get my new capping station Friday. I hope thats all that is wrong with my machine. I will let you fellas know how everything works out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That grinding noise is a little small plastic gear inside the pump. When you start hearing that noise it could mean that there is some ink built up in there and it is unable to move properly or the ink has built up so bad now that the teeth on the gear have broken. You will have to at least take it out to inspect it. But more then likely you will have to replace it. I recommend taking it out once a month to clean it thoroughly. Theres only so much that you can clean with a foam swab.
Lazo -Thanks for the tip, but how does one get to this pump. I must say i have never even thought of cleaning that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just replaced the capping station everything is working "A" okay. My lines, dampners, print head are all clear and the capping station is showing a perfect ink rainbow. Now it's back to work...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I just replaced the capping station everything is working "A" okay. My lines, dampners, print head are all clear and the capping station is showing a perfect ink rainbow. Now it's back to work...
Thanks for letting us know that fixed your problem, it will help others that have the same problem.:)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts

You might want to consider replacing the capping assembly once a year as part of your maintenance program. The capping assembly is a wear part and, as you have seen, plays an important role in the printing cycle.

Harry
Equipment Zone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts