T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just trying to make a shout out in the member intro section.. so if anyone is reading this drop a comment or add to the thread!

I just recently started up a silkscreen business this summer.. I'm a second year in college.. and I have been trying to get it going the last three years. Finally!

Anyway, if any of you have experience marketing to a college/college town (UC Santa Barbara)- please let me know!

Otherwise, enjoy!

Garrett
stegerprinting.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Garrett,

I am a recent college grad from Maine, though I don't have a screenprinting business yet, I know some people that did and the college let them set up a small tent area/tables to sell and promote their gear. Talk to the dean if you can. The dean of my college was really great and helpful. I'm sure it depends what messages are on your shirts too. You will have to be approved and what not I'm sure, but give it a shot. And if that doesn't work, make a website and fliers to start out. It would be a cheap way. I've worn some shirts and had a bunch of people ask where I got mine, then it's all through word of mouth. If you are taking business classes, or art classes, it would be a good way to show off some of your work too. I took a business writing course and did a presentation for my Graphic Design business and got a couple of clients from it after class. Okay I am done blabbering. Hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks a lot man.. I'm trying to take in all angles possible.. I considered possibly talking to the dean/chancellor, or someone who may have authority with allowing me sell shirts.. as well as to try and produce the official UCSB shirts as well and sell it in the campus store. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
For sure, campus store although they are usually licensed to sell college stuff though, at least ours was. Try it out though! Best of luck, I will be interested in how it turns out, I may go back to my old college and do the same thing :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts