T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Being lazy, I use the same time for the repress as I did on the original. You can get different vinyl surface looks by picking a parchment with the surface you desire, e.g., gloss, semi gloss. or patterned. Repressing is definitely worth doing for both the look and better adhesion to the fabric.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. Didn't even think of that, since I just bought a Geo Knight automatic release timer. Not sure if I can have two different times programmed in. Havent used yet.
My flatbed press is an auto release also, so it is simpler to repress with the same settings. I have never harmed a garment or hat doing a repress. My hat press is not auto release, but I still use the same settings for the repress.

·
Registered
12 Posts
are you still talking about jpss, because it is more of a glue than a vinyl like 3g?

i did not know parchment paper came in different surfaces, do you mean teflon?

i'm surprised there is not any damage to the fibers or smoke/fire after a minute of 375f pressing
assuming you do a hot peel, then re-press right away
I'm talking about vinyl only. 300 to 310 degrees at 10 to 12 seconds. I have found parchments with different surfaces in the cooking section of stores. I only mentioned parchment as it was brought up. I almost exclusively use Teflon, and have a collection of old Teflon sheets with varying surfaces. The new Teflon sheets are usually just smooth, but after lots of use vary a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts