T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using corel draw 12 should I being using CMYK or RGB or HSB ect the list in corel goes on.How do I know which to use for heat transfers.Can someone PLEASE explain the difference.Thank you, God Bless:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I highly recommend using CMYK for any type of print design. CMYK means Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (K avoids confusion with Blue).

CMYK is the 4 basic colors that inkjet printers use so you will get the best coloring. RGB means Red, Green, and Blue which are the bases of color mixing.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If you are printing to an inkjet printer, I would use RGB. The file sizes are smaller and inkjets can print a lot brighter than most other printers. That being said, they won't print just any color on your screen, sooo it's best to use CMYK, to get a closer representation of what will print.

·
Registered
29 Posts
But please remember, printers do no print images as RBG, they are done in CMYK. Colors will not look the same, and sometimes, not even close.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yep, I understand. Just throwing out there that you CAN work with RGB, and that inkjets DO print brighter than say a laser printer and such, BUT it is safer to work in CMYK. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I highly recommend using CMYK for any type of print design. CMYK means Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (K avoids confusion with Blue).

CMYK is the 4 basic colors that inkjet printers use so you will get the best coloring. RGB means Red, Green, and Blue which are the bases of color mixing.

Hope this helps!
I knew it was a dumb question but Thank you soooo much.The reason I asked is because I have the epson cx5000 all in one and use the jetpro softstretch but my colors don't seem to be bright and stand out like others that have shared pics on the forums, so I thought I may have been printing with wrong color setting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The easy way to remeber is RGB is mainly for online uses. Same as HEX and a few others. But for print quality use CMYK
and look for pantone color system and a few others listed out there. I dont use Corel but im sure they have a color palette or swatches to choose from

·
Registered
88 Posts
RGB colors are only used for screen work (Web Design, DVD reproduction and so on), that's why you should use CMYK since this are designed for printing purposes. But like prometheus said, If you go ahead and print out using RGB colors you might get an approximate to the colors you have in the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts