T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I printed directly on a 65% poly shirt... (shirt color was melon/coral)

No pretreat was applied
Ink was cured for 30 sec in hover and 60 sec light pressure @ 345

After going through the washer everything looks great...

Is this normal or should I expect degradation of the print over time?

Chances are you will see an ink degradation over several more washes. Also are you washing it in cold water or warm?

_

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Third wash and no change so far. Blank is a Gildan Soft-style (ladies cut).

I did notice prior to the first wash a little glitter effect (very sporadic) in the ink. This has since disappeared. The image was printed in 720 - double pass.

I shan't be printing anymore like this without using the poly pretreat of course. I was just toying around with the machine and some spare blanks that were laying around.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
Third wash and no change so far. Blank is a Gildan Soft-style (ladies cut).

I did notice prior to the first wash a little glitter effect (very sporadic) in the ink. This has since disappeared. The image was printed in 720 - double pass.

I shan't be printing anymore like this without using the poly pretreat of course. I was just toying around with the machine and some spare blanks that were laying around.
Great! I've printed on some 50/50 with surprising results and without pretreat. The majority do need it and I think I would continue using it for my own peace of mind!

(Small side note), how are your new AHD and firmware chips working for you?

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely fantastic. Installation took under an hour (I went slowly... double & triple checking everything).

Turned the machine back on... zero issues!

I must say, the craftsmanship/attention to detail on the inside of the Mod1 really impressed me (cable ties, attach points... the small things)

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Absolutely fantastic. Installation took under an hour (I went slowly... double & triple checking everything).

Turned the machine back on... zero issues!

I must say, the craftsmanship/attention to detail on the inside of the Mod1 really impressed me (cable ties, attach points... the small things)
Nick,

Glad the install went smoothly.
After you print for a while please let us know how the new advanced auto height detection upgrades are working for you?

Thank you,

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far it has been a seamless transition. I'm printing on shirts for the most part so I have been using the "wide" setting. I also tried the narrower setting on some cold press water color paper.

Prior to this, I had ruined a couple of shirts when I forgot to adjust my height after changing out from my DIY pocket platen (having the extra height between the substrate and head really killed the crispness of the image).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.