T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I couldn't find the right name for my biz for a long time, and once I found it, I could "feel" it. The more time went on, the more the name took meaning, and now I couldn't imagine any other name.
It took me a while, but I found that too - it's certainly a beautiful thing when it happens. But I know it actually took me years and some failed attempts before it happened for me. Some people are lucky and have that epiphany straight away... but some people never have it.

I'd be hesitant to use the excuse of not finding a perfect name to let you procrastinate from starting - it might never happen. The perfect name makes life easier, but it's just one of many useful ingredients. Without it you can make do with something else.

In the end I'm glad the others never stuck either. But in spite of my experience (I cringe at some of my previous choices), I'd still recommend picking something and going for it. It's only impossible to change later if you're so successful you wouldn't want to. And if your name ends up being what holds you back, at least you gathered other valuable experience and research in the meanwhile. Change it at that point and try again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.