T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
My first thought, why so expensive for such a simple design. I think it might sell better at a lower price. Just my .02 cents.
Is $19 expensive for a fashion brand? I would think that is quite a low price. I know he just has one shirt at the moment, but I expect his goal is to become a brand with an extended line of shirts.

To me $19 seems quite low. I mean I am in Australia, and you won't find a shirt in the shops for less than $40 more than likely, but I'm originally from the USA and have a handle on the pricing there as well, and personally I wouldn't say $19 is high. It isn't the simplicity of the design, it is the type of brand you want to portray.

Cheers,
Steph

·
Registered
136 Posts
So if I were to double the price of my T's, I could portray a fashion brand. I'm sure I wouldn't sell as many shirts in my market.
I'm not sure why you think I said double the price. Your shirts are in a similar price range to him, so I don't quite get you talking about doubling your prices. I mean if his shirts were $40 I could see calling them expensive, but $19 is not expensive at all. Also, in saying that, there are shirts with hardly any design at all that sell for like $200 just because of a name.

My main point is that the cost of a shirt isn't determined by how simple or complex a design is. So by saying, the design is so simple, it should be cheaper, you aren't taking into consideration all the external factors.

Cheers,
Steph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.