T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I new to t-shirt printing, and Im just wondering what the closest thing to plastisol would be. Because I really want to get complex with my designs without having the leftover residue from regular transfers. I just want to know what equipment is standard, and which direction I should go if I were to start competing with the big names out there. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Well, plastisol is basically screen printing. You are heat pressing a screen printed transfer.

which direction I should go if I were to start competing with the big names out there
The big names out there aren't heat pressing. For the most part, they are screen printing in large quantities (or even in smaller batches).

Not sure which market you're in, but brands like freshjive, hurley, rocawear, encye, threadless, etc are all selling screen printed shirts.

That's not to say you can't get good quality from heat transfer. Plastisol and vinyl are a good way to get close. Direct to Garment (DTG) printing is also getting better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MotoskinGraphix said:
Probably Out Of Your Price Range But Very Cool!!!
What are you trying to say. That I cant afford a machine like this. For your information I just ordered a brother and its coming in next week. Next time think of what you say before you type it.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
What are you trying to say. That I cant afford a machine like this.
I don't think David or any member here knows who you are or what your budget is to make any judgements about you personally :)

I think he was just guessing based on the membership here that the cost of $14,000+ would be out of the range and needs for 90% of the members here.

Please don't be offended if you don't fit in that 90% :)

Let us know how you like your Brother when it arrives.

·
Registered
690 Posts
undrSKOR said:
What are you trying to say. That I cant afford a machine like this. For your information I just ordered a brother and its coming in next week. Next time think of what you say before you type it.
You got a link to it? The t-jet is definitely cool, but way out of most people's range and probably not pratical if you're still testing out the water.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
undrSKOR said:
Not at all and I apologize for the misunderstanding and my poor choice of words. I should have said that it is very cool technology and worth looking into if it fits into your budget. I assumed{and that is my fault} that being new to the t-shirt business you were searching for an economical way to produce your first run shirts. Again, I am sorry and no injustice is, was or would ever be intended to hurt a fellow business person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts