T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am definately still novice screen printing t-shirts for hobby and I have recently been looking into getting some clip art to use with some future designs but I am a little confused. Most of the clip art I have seen reads: vinyl cutter and I don't understand I guess since I'm so new. What does the "vinyl cutter" mean ? Is that clip art I can use for shirt design ? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think what that means is that it is setup for a plotter, we get alot of outside artwork sent from designers and alot of times when i look in wireframe I see that (for example) think outlines are not really thick and i need to convert outlines to objects and weld parts together etc,...which can eat up time fast.
I think what they are saying is all this is done for you.

when you look in wireframe you see exactly what gets cut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure how you make your your positives, but when you see the term "vinyl cutter" it means that that piece of artwork is already vectorized or suitable to be read by vinyl cutter software. The vinyl cutter will cut exactly what it sees (the lines and/or contours of the artwork). If you use a vinyl cutter or plotter this sort of clip art is exactly what you want. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If your cutting sign vinyl or t vinyl you will want cutter ready clipart, But if your printing it shouldnt matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts