T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been using the Clearsoft Inkjet Paper Transfer for some time now. For lights only. I have been getting some complaints that after the first washing they are fading out. I have checked your instructions and my printer is fine. I use a HP photosmart. What is going wrong. I tested it myself and yes I lost almost 60% of color after the first washing. Please help since I offer custom shirts.

Thank you,
June

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
June. Fading is normally caused by the inks being used. We have had no complaints, but if you would send us a few sheets we will print them on an Epson and test the results after washing. If so, give us a call and ask for Linda. 800-678-8289.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the HP ink #564 for color and black. What should I be using?

I have the HP Photosmart Printer #5510.

I use your Clearsoft Inkjet Transfer paper. So why would I need to send you the transfer paper? sorry just don't understand.

Your directions say I can use this printer without any trouble.

Help!!!

Thank you,
June

·
Registered
100 Posts
That printer uses dye inks. Regardless of what substrate you use it will wash our it's just the nature of dye ink over the pigment ink.

Yes the printer can print and transfer with out a problem as they say however it will not stand up as well to washing the sold product.

You ideally want and need a pigment ink printer for transfers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im new to the whole heat press world but I use a Epson WF 7620 with pigment ink that I purchased with my CIS kit from Corbra inks. After the first wash I lost a solid 60% of the ink on the shirt I made... Any ideas why I am having so much loss in color?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.