T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Administrator
18,443 Posts
Is supacolor screen printed or direct to film? Stahls/Transfer Express does DTF hot peel. Carrier sheet is more frosted than clear.

All transfer companies are jumping on this. Versatrans is a hybrid screen printed underbase and digital image but they are cold peel.

I would check the sites of the various transfer companies and see what you find. Here is Wormil's list:

· Registered
4,505 Posts
Their Fusion process is new. Out about a year. Transfer Express had/has 4 second peels. Maybe that's what you were thinking about.
I'm sure it was Versatrans, so they must have changed their process.
These new transfers are obviously printed with a laser printer, which is much easier to do, but have to be peeled cold.
Supacolor are printed with liquid inks (7 inks).

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm sure it was Versatrans, so they must have changed their process.
These new transfers are obviously printed with a laser printer, which is much easier to do, but have to be peeled cold.
Supacolor are printed with liquid inks (7 inks).
How does Supacolor compare to Plastisol transfers? Where can I learn more about printing with liquid inks? Thanks.

· Registered
4,505 Posts
How does Supacolor compare to Plastisol transfers?
Supacolor is digital offset print with screen-printed backing.
Hard to explain in words but if you order transfers the difference will be obvious, especially if compared to hot-split plastisol transfers.

Where can I learn more about printing with liquid inks?
Here is an example... 7 ink colors like the Supacolor transfers.
These machines can print just one copy per design, BUT you still need one screen for the screen-printed layer, and this is why supacolor has a minimum of 10 copies.

For high volume of the same design, flexography or regular offset are cheaper alternatives.
Bellow is an example of a 7 color flexo press.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts