T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I am done with a job.... I am having a hard time cleaning up all the ink. I am using the spray that came with the kit that I bought.

I am curious if there is any cleaner that I can buy at the store that will work just as good to clean up the ink.... formula 409.... tilex..ect. Anything I can pick up at walmart or a hardware store???

Anybody have any tips on cleaning plastisol ink please feel free to share..... I am cleaning my screens in a bath tub and I am making a mess :-/

· Registered
8,278 Posts
When you say spray I hope your not using a screen opener. Press wash can go a long way.

Here is what I do. After printing stick a test material down and push all the ink to my block out tape. Card all I can back into the container. Then lift the tape. There should almost no ink left. Then 1-3 squirts with press wash and a quick wipe and its clean

· Registered
71 Posts
After I am done with a job.... I am having a hard time cleaning up all the ink. I am using the spray that came with the kit that I bought.

I am curious if there is any cleaner that I can buy at the store that will work just as good to clean up the ink.... formula 409.... tilex..ect. Anything I can pick up at walmart or a hardware store???

Anybody have any tips on cleaning plastisol ink please feel free to share..... I am cleaning my screens in a bath tub and I am making a mess :-/
Are you using absorbent wipes such as ryowipes? They work a lot better than regular paper towels and will make it a little easier than using paper towels but its still a pain.

· Registered
782 Posts

Unless you are reclaiming screens, you should never need to clean ink from screens in the bathtub. Leave the screen on your press. Scoop up your remaining ink with a spatula (card or similar) then squeegee one pass down to an old test shirt. Spray some press wash - (here is what I use)
Graphic Press Wash LV Gal. works very well. Then I wipe it down with a clean rag and store it away. No soap water or bathtub is necessary for this phase of cleaning.

CalhTech>

· Registered
2,940 Posts
For plastisol, get a press wash like EasiSolv 840. It's safe and made for the job at hand. If you're using photopolymer emulsions (vs. dual-cures or diazo), and especially if you're underexposing them, hot solvents like lacquer thinner or mineral spirits can lock in the emulsion to the mesh ruining the screen.
Some things are worth spending a little more on, and unless you're bathing your screens in whatever you use, a little goes a long way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.