T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK!!!!! we dove in and bought a T-Jet Express that was a Repo....this machine is in EXCELLENT shape..The capping Station hardly has any build up on it....BUT has been sitting for at least 3 months in the banks warehouse....My question is this for the experts out there.....The ink tanks have a little dried ink in them and the lines in the tanks and cart. have a little build up in them...I have pushed water through all the lines in the tank and cart. and have them open but still see ink in them... and the machine has the cleaning cart. in them and the lines have about 1/2 and 1/2 ink and cleaner in them so it looks like the lines may have been loaded with the cleaner before handing it over to the bank....I know the ink tanks may be ruined and I may have to replace them BUT is there anything out there that will not harm the plastic tanks or the lines in the tanks that i can soak them in (I have Distilled water in them now and this has broken up a lot of the ink)...I used Alcohol on a swab on the lids of the tanks and this broke up the ink better than the distilled water and a toothbrush. Can i soak the tanks in Alcohol or Paint thinner? I know someone out there has found a secret solution that will loosen up the ink....
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

· Registered
1,393 Posts
You can wash out the bottles with hot water to clean them out. I recommend washing the bottles every 2 weeks. Especially the white ones. The inks builds up over time and can cause clogging problems. You can poor alcohol into the bottles and let it soak, but make sure and wash it out with water. You do not want to introduce alcohol into your print head.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can wash out the bottles with hot water to clean them out. I recommend washing the bottles every 2 weeks. Especially the white ones. The inks builds up over time and can cause clogging problems. You can poor alcohol into the bottles and let it soak, but make sure and wash it out with water. You do not want to introduce alcohol into your print head.

Thanks for this....I tried the water and hot water ....Right now i have one of the whites soaking with a little alcohol to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.