T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
high all new here and to screen printing......... i got a shop in town it has a little sink in the bathroom so i cant clean my screen out what can i put on the screen to keep them from dryin out on the trip home ... i got a tub to transport them in and got a pressure waser at home ....... thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
The plastisol shouldn't dry on the way home. You should wash off all ink on press using plastisol ink wash. When I started I took the screens to the back yard and washed them against my garage...... The ground is still pink:)) Are you out of anywhere near San Jose? I have an old washout booth if you want it. Not pretty but it works well... and is fully backlit.....
Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plastisol shouldn't dry on the way home. You should wash off all ink on press using plastisol ink wash. When I started I took the screens to the back yard and washed them against my garage...... The ground is still pink:)) Are you out of anywhere near San Jose? I have an old washout booth if you want it. Not pretty but it works well... and is fully backlit.....
Jason

thanks jason im in ky

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should wash them on the spot with tinner, you dont need water and I wouldn't was plastisol ink in the same tub I take my shower in.

Stack all your screens on a table with the mech facing down, put some tinner at the top of the stack and started washing the first screen for the top with a rag. When the screen is full of tinner just dry with scrap sample t-shirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts