T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for an emulsion that i can clean off in the backyard (or dump out of a bucket from a washout booth) (or have running out through a greywater system).

and i guess that means i'd also need a compatible, "green" screen reclaimer/ emulsion remover?

all this i guess would be for some water based inks.

anyone working like this?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I seriously doubt such a thing exists. I've certainly never heard of one. There are many (most? all? I don't know) emulsions that can be washed into the sewerage... it's a pretty good concession for an industrial process really. But asking a chemical process to be 'lawn safe' is a bit much.

·
Registered
859 Posts
my washout sink used to be in my backyard, tied into the kitchen sink cleanout pipe. i've since built a booth in the garage that drains thru a piece of window screen then a piece of 160 mesh in to a bucket. whatever's left settles in the bottom of the bucket untill the water level is high enough to go out the tubing which drains into a flowerbed next to the garage. i don't have anything planted in there, but i'd be that the dirt is a good enough filter to not harm whatever i plant there. i'm sure it's not as harsh as fertilizer, so i figure it's just watering the bed. i'll admit once i tasted a drop to see how "chemical-y" it was, i wouldn't drink it but it really was not that noticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts