T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I know this might sounds really stupid but please be nice,
I want to know how on shirts you have your text, image or both, and thats surounded by the shirt, I made 1 white transfers and it had the rectangle shape from the paper, was it because i didn't wash it or does it stay like that?
I really wanna know how to make it look perfessional, do i use a plotter to trim or something?
Please help!

· Registered
8,807 Posts
if you are using a paper that has text and you don't want the 'white' to show..only choice is to cut/trim. If you use a vectorized image you can avoid that...or use a paper that will not leave the imprint you don't want

You can use a plotter IF you have a plotter that has an optic eye (like the Roland GX24) or other registration system..and on the entry level of around $400 you can get a laserpoint plotter that uses software to set registration marks. Not really sure how good it is... Search the Forum for 'laserpoint' and you will see a lot of info

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this does help, wasn't sure if i needed to trim or not, you say there are papers out there that you don't need to trim??. Also how do you keep your words together? or do you only really use dark transfer to this type of transfer. I know some people prefer to use dark transfer even on whites.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Use a sticky carrier sheet like the vinyl sign(use clear) people. Then you can cut the excess and remove it . You can do this with a cutter/plotter like Charles said or get a cutting mat and an exacto knife and trim everything you want left to be transfered to the shirt/shorts and weed out the waste. Just cut deep enough to cut the transfer and not the carrier sheet. The carrier sheet will keep everything aligned to do the transfer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.