T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the worst time with the CISS system. I have followed the video that came with it and it just doesn't work. The seller is sending me another but I am still baffled as to why it will not work.

My black Ink from the original Epson inks ran out. I am wondering if that is the reason it wont work now after placing the CISS in. ( I read the Epson will not work when an ink rund out, until replaced.)

I did order another black to set everything back to normal. But I thought the reset would have taken care of this problem on the CISS.

Has anyone else ran into a problem with their printer not accepting the ink system? I thought all 1400s were able to use this?

All my inks clicked in properly. But after running through the process my red ink light will not go out. not even if I reset. But when I place the original inks in, They read. ( except for black, That is out)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes I have run into problems in the past and have bought the resettable chips for the cartridges and when I have had a problem changed the chips and I was back in business . Cannot help with supplies in your region but here are two links to give you an idea of what I am talking about . You do not need both products , one you can try and replace the chips or two buy a chip resetter .

Epson ink level chip resetter

RIHAC Digital Solutions

The 1410 is just our version of your printer .

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is reputable on Ebay and I assume many people here have used him. I will try the replacement since he was nice enough and cared about the customer to send another. If it doesnt work, I will send back the replacement in good faith. Then try elsewhere if it doesnt work.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use to buy CISS from ebay and found they failed after a certain time period , they would become more difficult to prime ( They were cheap ) so if I was going to purchase another CISS today I would look up recommendations on here and not go through Ebay . I think some of the CISS manufacturers use a different material in the plastic tubing . With your CISS chip failures do happen on the carts so hopefully it will be fixed with the replacement . Good luck with it

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Ok first off not every system on eBay is junk. eBay is full of many sellers. DJ. Did you get from aaadealalways. If so he will take care of it and I have 7 systems here from him some are 4 years old or better. I also sell the systems to local clients and have a refill service with many many systems from him. Once I had a system that came in with bad chip set. He sent me chip set and worked ever since that was 2 years ago. Yes the cobra are also quality units. I have one of them also but looks almost identical with the exception of the stickers on the cartridges. There are also a bunch of junk systems out there and if you choose the wrong one you may be in for a ride. I have one from the same manufacture as the eBay seller sells that is 7 years old although I didn't buy that one from him but it came in the same box as the ones he sells.

I also have one that is just filled with cobra inks from eBay and it also works flawlessly. Cobra is recommended because of the inks. They have top quality heat transfer pigment inks.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Bern. You are correct some manufactures use cheap tubing and some use the silicon tubing. They start to leak are from the movements. I actually when installing a new system on clients printers use a small amount of silicon to ensure the tubing doesn't come loose or leak air.

DJ When red light comes on check the system stays on PC what is your error message

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sben763 , You do know much more about the CISS than I do and my advice about buying from eBay was me being overly cautious after an incident where one of my cheap CISS units actually leaked out of the plastic tank overnight and made a huge mess . I use to do sublimation printing and still have a big stain from that ink on the table here . From that incident I realized how important it is to get a quality CISS . Thanks for the information , with your advice DigitalInkArts will be on the right track

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I will admit you HAVE to be cautious when buying important items like this on eBay. 12 years ago from a web page I converted a set of refillable cartridges to a ciss. In the project silicon tubing was specified and silicon sealant that was like $10 a tube was specified. I used plastic containers drilled holes in bottom and used a one way check valve in the top for the air admittance. Those were the days.

DJ you posted in the screen printing forum are you using that printer for films. If so I hope you got the dye ink. If you ever order from cobra they carry both pigment and dye. Although pigment will work dye is the preferred ink and will produce much darker films. I have 2 1400 all black just for films. I have been only screen printed for 5 years but befor that I had a photography hobby and did some graphic design for over 20 years. I can remember paying $600 for a 2 MP camera. Wow seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sben763, I did order from aaadealalways. He is a very nice person. I emailed him, and he asked me to call him. He went through many things over the phone that was not in his videos. After it was all said and done, He is sending me a new unit. Hopefully it will work. If not I will try another.

On my pc. It shows a red X through all colors and says that the cartridges are not compatible. I am using Dye ink.

I also do photography and started my business as such. My first camera was 100 bucks. I now have over 5,000.00 in lenses and camera. I miss yesterday!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Do you have a brand new 1400? It seems like epson has been updating firmwares to resist CISS. there is a thread about a similar problem with a WF1100. I have 3 1400 from him but all my 1400's are 3-5 years old Mickel has always taken care of me.

Ok may show some age here. I have thousands of dollars of Pentax 35mm cameras, lenses, lens converters from the late 70s to mid late 80s. I have moved on from photography when the digital revolution started taking over and just did as a hobby for the past 15 years.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know what? I do not know what year this one is. I am assuming it is older as I bought it used on Ebay. But I will have to have a look and see if I can find a build date on it. I ordered a new Black Epson cartridge. I put it in and hoped it would reset it all and then I placed the CIS in. It still wouldnt recognize. I will wait for the replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You know what? I do not know what year this one is. I am assuming it is older as I bought it used on Ebay. But I will have to have a look and see if I can find a build date on it. I ordered a new Black Epson cartridge. I put it in and hoped it would reset it all and then I placed the CIS in. It still wouldnt recognize. I will wait for the replacement.
any luck on this?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The seller had me take off the board. There were no cracks but for whatever reason it just wasnt working. He sent me a new one. ( even before I sent the one back to him!) It worked great! I am now enjoying printing everything from my Photography to films! Love this Epson!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The seller had me take off the board. There were no cracks but for whatever reason it just wasnt working. He sent me a new one. ( even before I sent the one back to him!) It worked great! I am now enjoying printing everything from my Photography to films! Love this Epson!
thanks for the reply....I just spent over 400 for a new 1400 (could not get my head unclogged on my old 1).....I hope all works well when it gets here...

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Told ya Mickel takes take of you tonym17 contact me PM if you have a 1400 and want to get it unclogged for a spare

Reactions: tonym17

·
Registered
28 Posts
Told ya Mickel takes take of you tonym17 contact me PM if you have a 1400 and want to get it unclogged for a spare
thanks for the offer .....I belive I can handle it from now on....seen a vid on how to take the printhead out...and orderd some cleaning juice.....I just put a brand new 1400 into service...should last a bit till I have problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.