T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: A possible customer asked me today if itwas possible to print a design on a shirt with chrome ink. I told him I hadn't before but I'd do some research and see what was iut there. This isn't metalic but looks like chrome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you ever worked with this foil way before? I read a little about it but not sure about it.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Sure. What do you want to know about it? You need a heat press to do it properly. It's easy to work with and apply.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Print an adhesive (or you can use plastisol ink, although I haven't done it that way) onto the substrate. Dry it. Press a sheet of foil over the top with a heat press. Wait for it to cool. Peel the sheet, and the foil stays on the ink/adhesive parts.

Not a lot to it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It definitely doesn't sound to hard. Does this foil last long on the shirt or what ever you put it on?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Foil is cool... but it does crack over time. After considerable washes it does come off. I used a printer that printed a silver metallic underneath so if/when it came up there would still be silver on the area. Still looks new, no complaints. Of course it was on a hoody so you don't typically wash them like you do t-shirts so longevity is probably there on hoodies more so than tee's.

I'm sure the liquid silver from Rutland is like any other ink and I doubt it would crack no matter how many washes you throw it into. Might be a better bet for tee's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts