T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have used chromablast paper with chromablast ink. Sounds like you are asking about using dye sub ink on chromablast paper. Possibly someone else has used that combination. Chromablast paper only good for white t-shirts unless you can cut extremely close to outline then can be used on dark shirts as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dye sub ink will not work on 100 cotton t-shirts. Dye sub is best used on polyester as cotton will not absorb the ink and the transfer will wash out. Will work on 50/50 but the more polyester the better the quality of transfer. If you want to do cotton then at very least will need a printer that uses OEM inks, such as pigmented ink and transjetII paper Chromablast ink will work on cotton with chromablast paper.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have used Chromablast on 95/5 blends (cotton/poly respectively) for white shirts and worked perfect. After about 15 or so washes the image on the 100% cotton white shirts can get 'fuzzy' which, as I found, can be taken away by applying an iron to it. Or you can just use a 95/5 blend which has done well with little to no fading.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have used Chromablast since day one and the current results are impressive but at a higher cost.
The inks also seem to need more cleanings than other inks. Printer platforms are also limited. The hybrid 4880 printers provide good value (Art + CB). You must have a swing away heatpress for the Chromablast to get proper pressure. Hand is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts