T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may have overlooked the thread, but i am looking to expand my business with a wide format sublimation printer and a wide format press

here is what i am thinking
44" geoknight
and a 44" printer

what i am wanting from my printer is CIS cartridges, i want to be able to get the most out of my ink... printer time isnt really a problem, as i can print while i do other things around the shop... i am wanting the prints to be ready to print asap... so the ink drying would be a concern i have...

I am wanting to do all over prints, and semi sublimation from this printer, and the capability to use the heat press with other projects as it will be big enough...

RJ900X is what ive read would be a good fit, but i havent found a CIS system for it,

i want to be able to get ink for a decent price...

also i am wondering about sublimation paper rolls... which is better? what brand and kind of paper, what brand and kind of inks>?

any help would be appreciated....

you may check out some of my work at

facebook.com/overtimeapparel

·
Registered
16 Posts
We use epson Colorsure printer. F6070. Ink is relatively cheap and we have had two different printers that have always printed well with no issues. For paper we also use Beaver Tacky paper from Conde. Its a little over $1oo for an entire roll of 44 inches wide and 275 feet i believe on length. It goes and goes unless your doing really wide format printing

·
Registered
124 Posts
Printer: Epson F6200 or Mutoh RJ900X - There are PROS and CONS of each model and it is appropriate to discuss your specific needs with a qualified dealer.

Heat Press: HIX 4464. I don't believe in GEO products. Unless they've significantly revamped their line in the past few years, you will not see consistent heat on their units. If color matters stay away.

Inks: I know of a quality ink but will have to let others attest to it :)

Profiling - It's important if color matters. Get your specific material profiled. It makes a big difference in the quality of your product and also reduces the amount of ink you use.

RIP software: If you're buying an Epson you get Wasatch. If Mutoh, get Ergosoft. There is a resolution option not available in Wasatch that will give you better results.

Paper: I'm not going to comment on paper here.

CISS: There is a great CISS system for RJ900 printers. It's a float valve cartridge with attached bottle. You can still open and close covers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, I want to expand the business and my options are the epson sc f9300 or the roland XT640 to print rolls of cloth, what I have seen is that the roland prints also in fluorescent colors, which you recommend?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the same problem, I want to expand the business and my options are the epson sc f9300 or the roland XT640 to print rolls of cloth, what I have seen is that the roland prints also in fluorescent colors, which you recommend?
Let's dig a little deeper into this thought. First, you'll want to know if you are wanting to print 4 color or more. The speeds of the XT640 are halved if you want to go 8 color, or if you add fluorescents. The Printhead in the XT is an Epson DX7 version printhead which has 180 nozzles per row in each head and 2 staggered printheads. The Epson has 360 nozzles per row in each head, also with 2 staggered printheads. More nozzles = more speed at higher resolution.

With that said, the Mimaki TS55-1800 is also worth a look. Nozzle checking unit for unattended production, options that include bulk paper feeder and bulk system. $80/liter OEM inks if I'm not mistaken. Current Mimaki promotions make this one a real candidate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You don't have to spend much more than $3000 for the printer, new. We bought a new Epson P8000 44"with the 700ml refillable from InkOwl. The ink was .11 a ml. No need for CIS. It is an 8 ink printer and if you do any B&W is is really neutral. A whole lot better than any CMYK printer. Pour the ink in make a couple of profiles and you are done. It is now 2.5 years old and prints like a charm. We bought a Knight 32x42 Maxxi press and love it. Just wish we had the bigger press sometimes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts