T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A) Which type of T-shirt is the cheapest one ? I'm using to advertise my company and giving it away for free. So, I need the cheapest one to lower the cost of advertising.
1. Alternative
2. Anvil
3. Augusta 4. Badger
5. Bella
6. Canvas
7. Champion
8.Chestnut hill
9. Desert Wash
10. Fruit of the Loom
11. gildan
12. Great Republic
13. Hanes
14. Jerzee
15. LAT
What are the difference between those type of T-shirts?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
You left out Delta which I see frequently in low cost promotional advertising.

On the other hand, don't use a shirt that you would not want to wear. You are throwing money away if the shirt will sit in a drawer or get tossed in the trash. Give away shirts that people will want to wear, design a shirt that will provoke comments and discussion about where they got it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi

A) Which type of T-shirt is the cheapest one ? I'm using to advertise my company and giving it away for free. So, I need the cheapest one to lower the cost of advertising.
1. Alternative
2. Anvil
3. Augusta 4. Badger
5. Bella
6. Canvas
7. Champion
8.Chestnut hill
9. Desert Wash
10. Fruit of the Loom
11. gildan
12. Great Republic
13. Hanes
14. Jerzee
15. LAT
What are the difference between those type of T-shirts?

Thanks
T-shirts run like the stock market sometimes...they can vary in pricing depending on the demand. I generally look at Gildan when I want an inexpensive shirt, that will hold up well to washing, print well, and have good value, etc.

BUT, I think that it's necessary to find a good balance between price and quality for giveaway shirts that may be representing your company. Would you want people to think that because you're giving away a CHEAP t-shirt, that your company is CHEAP as well?

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I like to use the gildans. They have a good feel to them, and dont feel like a cheap shirt.
They do if you're accustomed to better quality clothing - it all depends on your target audience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Solmu, what do you recommend for an inexpensive shirt?

Alternately, what about an inexpensive shirt from an ethical company? (tougher, I'm sure)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Solmu, what do you recommend for an inexpensive shirt?
I actually agree with Gildan as a recommendation for an inexpensive shirt, I just wouldn't pretty it up by claiming it's a quality shirt.

Alternately, what about an inexpensive shirt from an ethical company? (tougher, I'm sure)
Is there such a thing? (as an ethical company). The closest thing I can think of is American Apparel, and they fail the ethics test (though they score better than some).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checjed, Gildan 100% cotton jersey 6.1-oz. Preshrunk, 1/4-turned design T-shirts are pretty expensive. They cost like $2 something for white and natural. Additional $1 for other colors.

1. What are those 6.1-oz, 5.3-oz, 5.6-oz, etc mean ?
2. What does ultra cotton, heavy cotton, 50/50 ultra blend mean ?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I just checjed, Gildan 100% cotton jersey 6.1-oz. Preshrunk, 1/4-turned design T-shirts are pretty expensive. They cost like $2 something for white and natural. Additional $1 for other colors.
You can get cheaper than that. Check out:
T-ShirtWholesaler.com - Wholesale T-Shirts

their prices are listed on their website and they have Anvils down to $1.26 each for white, $2.01 for color. Anvils are a little more generously cut than Gildans and are much softer.

The Deltas I mentioned earlier are even cheaper but I'm not allowed to mention the price, you have to have an account with them to get their prices. I've only owned a couple of Delta shirts and they were itchy and ill fitting but that was probably fifteen years ago. I would suggest ordering samples before committing to a larger order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it cheaper to provide your own T-shirts to the printing company or included in a package from the printing company?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Is it cheaper to provide your own T-shirts to the printing company or included in a package from the printing company?
Depends on the printer. Some printers mark up their shirts, some don't, some surcharge for customer supplied shirts, some don't.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I do shirts to give out to posible cust I make sure they are for cust and not all my friends for the cust I use a nice 100% cotton shirt because they feel soft when you wear them and it shows you have a nice product. When it's my friends I give them the cheap ones. just my opion:D:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts