T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've found that looking at other clothing sites, most of the shirts r black, white or gray. Not too many colors.

So when I look at all my shirts at http://www.myspace.com/dizzybombdesigns and I see the array of rainbow colored shirts, it kinda makes them look... Immature...? Like kids clothes... It kinda gives that vibe, ya know?

So I was thinking, should I limit (change) most of the colors of the shirts? Like down to black, (more) white and maybe a few random designs with colored shirts? Cuz right now I have: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, light blue, purple, pink, burgundy, black and white. I'm thinking of eliminating orange, green, light blue and burgundy. I'd only do a handful of shirts in the remaining colors.

What do u think?

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
This is one of those situations where you need to balance your creative side and sourcing side.

From a creative standpoint, it's nice to offer a variety of colors. And I'm sure you have a creative vision as to what color each design should go on.

But from a sourcing standpoint, blank shirt suppliers offer a volume discount when you order a certain number of a particular style, color and size. So if you are looking to order 500 shirts, it may be more cost effective to purchase 100 each of 5 different colors than to purchase 50 each of 10 different colors.

So check with your blanks supplier and see what the price breaks are. Then find a nice balance between the different colors you want to offer and what is most cost effective to purchase.

As for the vibe, I agree, rainbow colors are very youthful. Most adults, if they wear colors, will wear earthy tones as opposed to vibrant colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts