T-Shirt Forums banner

Choosing the epson 1100/Ricoh 3300/Ricoh 7000

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  tyetshirt 
#1 ·
I have been doing vinyl for about 3 months, but have been very interested in sublimation. Which printer do you like the best epson 1100, ricoh 3300, ricoh 7000. And if possible can someone tell me a few pros and cons to the printers? Thanks everyone for any info...

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Man I was so sold on the Ricoh from looking at the Conde site, but seem like I'll be going with the Epson.

So can anyone recommend where to get my ink and what kind(of course I know dye sub ink)..I've seen sublijet and other types..Also is it best to get a ciss

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I would like to do this in house as I would like to setup at various events and offer some custom products. I'm so confused on what is good and what is not. If I can get the Ricoh e3300 system and it'll last for at least a year, that would satisfy me. But if I had no other option but to outsource my transfers, what's a good company with good prices?

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Oh goodness I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what system to purchase..I see on the Conde site under the client image gallery a lot of products produced are with the Epson wf 1100, but man the cartridges are expensive. I like the Ricoh e3300 setup and the prices are ok for the ink, but I see so many issues.

And thanks for the help and advice already given, but I'm still lost....

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I had a Ricoh printer with sawgrass inks; :(:(:( it died (conde said dead motherboard, but I think the printhead was destroyed by the cartridge) just after the warranty was up. Apparently this is a fairly common event with these printers. I'll certainly never buy another one!

As for ink, I am using :) Gercutter ink in an Epson Workforce 30, and it works great! It is available from Amazon for only $67 for five 100ml botttles, the easy to use CISS is only $34. I just ordered an Epson Workforce 1100 and CIS, and am trying out another type of ink from Amazon which does not require a color profile (was made to match Epson's profile, and is even less expensive. Will post info when available.
do you have a profile for the Gercutter ink?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.