T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Looking to buy a dual platten transfer machine... I want one that is easy to push down, possibly using air (we have a compressor). Please share any thoughts on Hix, Hotronix, Knight, others...
~ Thanks!
Shirley

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I like the Hotronix myself. I have used Hotronix and Knight.

The reason that I like the Hotronix is because it can be threaded for splitting jerseys over the press. Also, there are custom platens available so that you can heat press sleeves, gloves, bags etc.

I do think an Air Swinger is well worth it regardless of which one you choose.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi all. Looking to buy a dual platten transfer machine... I want one that is easy to push down, possibly using air (we have a compressor). Please share any thoughts on Hix, Hotronix, Knight, others...
~ Thanks!
Shirley
Dear Shirley,

You should consider the Geoknight DK20S with the shuttle attachment show below.

The two together can be purchased for as low as $1904 together. I am not sure if there is another shuttle/press combo for under $2000.00. Though it is a manual press it is an excellent choice.

Also there is the Idek D2 238 (which also has different table attachments)....street price about $2500. Smaller table size than the DK20S (14x17)

An finally the Hix Swingman 20d 16x20...street price about $2550.00
Also a manual solution shown here...

Hope this helps...:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate your help!

Do you have suggestions for GOOD, RELIABLE custom transfer manufacturers? Specifically, we need Xfers for dark garments and full-color for dark garments...

Shirley

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm not sure what sort of transfers you're looking for, but EnMart offers screen print transfers.

Here's some information about them: Ntrans Transfers

Our parent company makes them and we use them in house. We've had very good results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts