T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need some advice on laser printer and need to buy one in the uk at a reasonable price.

Thing is I'm confused are they any laser printer or certain ones only.
I would like to use self weeding paper but also would just normally like to print pictures etc.

And do you have to have white toner laser printer
Basically trying to find one in stores in uk or auction sites but thing is I'm worried if a new paper comes out and a laser printer won't support it.

If I'm probably right in guessing could there be an option on printer to set the papers weights like I do with my ink jet for custom paper but may be wrong.

Some advice would be great in starting with the right reasonable printer.

Thanks so much

· Registered
8,073 Posts
You do not need white toner for most laser printers. Exception is one from okidata which is one of the newer ones and a bit pricey. All of the vendors that are selling laser transfer papers at all the trade shows I have attended use Okidata printers.i have had two Okidata printers and not really solid on them for transfers. It is difficult to dial in the right settings for some of the printers and if you screw up the new fuser is over $300. Maybe some other members have had a better experience.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks Charles , just looking around , yeah them white toners are pricey, I keep seing people say use any laser printer especially on yolo paper web site but will keep looking and thanks for replying ,

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.