1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cut & Sew Joint......Check
Pattern.......Check
Money......Check

Now I need to pick out the fabric. I'm going to make two maternity styles, a simple T-shirt, and a long sleeve T-shirt. I'm thinking the Long Sleeve T should be a little heavier because it's more winter, but it's maternity so it's got to be stretchy.

Any advice before I head to the garment district and pick out my fabrics? How much does regular 100% cotton fabric run for these days anyway?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
T-BOT said:
hey, great for the season is LS in wafle rib knit. You can make matching Draw cord pants too and get a better yield for your $. ;)
I was thinking about a pair of simple pants but I don't have a pattern & I'm making blank T's to resell wholesale to what I feel is a neglected market...the T-shirt printers, I don't think they'll be buying the pants.

Will it be harder to print on a waffle design?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
maae10 said:
I was thinking about a pair of simple pants but I don't have a pattern & I'm making blank T's to resell wholesale to what I feel is a neglected market...the T-shirt printers, I don't think they'll be buying the pants.

Will it be harder to print on a waffle design?
well, i think retailers would sell the DRAW CORD PANTS (adjustable, perfect for Pregnant Women) as a set with the shirts or seperate. Perhaps with matching designs on the shirt and pants, this would be more of a specialty market then basic t-shirts o/s. If you're just thinking of doing T-Shirts only, then the Classic T-DRESS on the market fills that gap.

... yes you can screen print wafffle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
T-BOT said:
well, i think retailers would sell the DRAW CORD PANTS (adjustable, perfect for Pregnant Women) as a set with the shirts or seperate. Perhaps with matching designs on the shirt and pants, this would be more of a specialty market then basic t-shirts o/s. If you're just thinking of doing T-Shirts only, then the Classic T-DRESS on the market fills that gap.

... yes you can screen print wafffle.
T-Dress, hmmmmm. How would I find a pattern for that, is it possible to adjust the T-shirt pattern longer? Who can I get to do that?

I just remembered I need labels. Where do I get labels? Do I need two labels? One for the brand and one for the size, fabric etc..?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
maae10 said:
T-Dress, hmmmmm. How would I find a pattern for that, is it possible to adjust the T-shirt pattern longer? Who can I get to do that?

I just remembered I need labels. Where do I get labels?
wal-mark may be sells them, Hanes/Fruit perhaps.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
maae10 said:
Sells what? Maternity T-Dresses?
A classic T-Dress is a long T-Shirt, women find many uses for them. They loung in them, they dress them up with a belt and wear them to work, they are sold by the truck load to Pregnant women at retail level.

...don't know what else to say. :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
T-BOT said:
A classic T-Dress is a long T-Shirt, women find many uses for them. They loung in them, they dress them up with a belt and wear them to work, they are sold by the truck load to Pregnant women at retail level.

...don't know what else to say. :confused:
Do the dresses come in a maternity cut or are they regular cut easily worn by pregnant women?

·
2,957 Posts
The latter.

There was link somewhere on the forums to a good place to get some that also had pics, but it got deleted along with the thread, because of an unruly member.

I don't recall the names of the places, but if you start a thread about it, I'm sure someone knows. If I recall correctly there were a couple of older members that posted the links, so you should get some help on it pretty quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts