T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be building an e-commerce site for my business. I need advice on the colour patterns to use for the e-commerce.
My business logo is predominantly red and black, but after analysing the different e-commerce sites, I realised that the best ones have blue and yellow as primary. Our web development agency also advised using blue and yellow primary colours. Now, that would be totally contrasting our logo and business colours.
Should I go with the flow and have a makeover for my new e-commerce site.
Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
Bro, you have not specified what is the purpose of your ecommerce site. Blue is good but goes better with white, not sure if yellow would go well with blue. If your site is for selling apparel then blue and white would be best, another option would be to go with material design where you dont have to worry too much about the color combination and it gives a peppy feel to the website.

· Registered
9 Posts
By analyzing e-commerce sites, do you mean actual sites, or are you referring to templates? Your logo is what it is--You should be able to create a site that works well with the colors of your logo. Certain colors can pop out on a page, like yellow and orange, but you don't need it all over the page, just certain areas that you want to call attention to. A talented designer will be able to create a site that can effectively use the colors of your logo to create a cohesive look. The main thing is to make sure it's appealing to the eye, easy to use, and your SEO is solid.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Stay with red and black with a white background if those are your colors! Blue and yellow will give a different impression. You don't want to look like everyone else. Your site has a greater chance of being memorable if it has a different look that supports your business philosophy. Red and black are sharp colors that contrast well with white and each other. Yellow doesn't contrast well with a white background.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.