T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently completed a job for a local comapny that supplied us with Chocolate brown tee shirts. The shirts are very nice and very soft. 100% cotton. However, the shirts have turned purple in splotchy areas both inside and outside of the shirt following being screened. The splotchy areas in many cases are no where near where they were screened on the garment.

A textile engineer noted that she thought that it was porbably a problem with the dye curing at the fabric manufacturing level.

Can anyone please explain what has gone wrong here?

HELP!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It does sound like it a dye problem, even if you scorched them under the flash it would just be around the printed area.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
What brand of shirts were these?

I've used some chocolate brown recently from both Gildan and Port Authority without any issues.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They were provided by the customer so the liability is with them not the printer, but it is weird. :)

I agree. I would also call the manufacturer and let them know. It might be a common problem and you may get a free batch of shirts out of the deal. If you complain long enough, someone will give you something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shirts were manufactured by Next Level Apparel. I was going to let the company that purchased them from NLA make the call but you are right, we should get on the phone with them this morning and see what their expreience with the shirts has been.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts