T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is will, I am just learning my way round the forum and its various components. The t-shirt side of things is something that has recently been started up. I have been making chickenwire sculptures for over a decade, however not many have the space to have a 6 foot wire shark in their lounge and so the t-shirts were created.

Still very much just off the starting point, but any comments from anyone would be very much appreciated.

The full range can be found at http://www.chickenwired.com, please pop in and have a look.

Look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Yours,

Will
ChickenWired

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The shirts are pretty cool, but the price is very steep (especially considering they're mostly 1-color designs), even including postage. Also, I'd either not include postage in the price directly (add it on at the end) or put more blatently and promotionally 'free shipping' or such. You might also want to offer non-signed delivery if it'll save the customer a few pounds in shipping.

The torso shirt should be a lot cooler if it wasn't a square block, and instead blended into the shirt better with the clouds and rest of the background.

You list the Funky Afro in both regular and ladies' style on the t-shirt gallery, yet you can select both on both (and the ladie's stype one doesn't even default to ladyfit). Same applies to Rastaman and possibly others I missed.

You need some sort of FAQ for the shirts, at the very least a sizing chart. 'Ladyfit' is very vague, and you only offer one size of them. Other sizes depend o the manufacturer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think your pricing is fine for the u.k market. as long as the quality is good and you do enough networking to sell shirts, you'll sell i'm sure. i think most of the sites that post on these forums all need to look at their web design, the talk gets quite technical but they seem to all use standart fonts and clip art for their headings etc. for me its about simplicity and ease of use. photos of your shirts is a good thing too, i often look at these sites that only have graphics and think they're a bit dubious. it's only a photo but it can mean a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What-o Twinge,

Thanks for the advise, I have made changes. I shall have to sort the site out. Takes time, the day job gets in the way.

Any ideas for new pieces are always welcome.

Chickenwiredwill

Twinge said:
The shirts are pretty cool, but the price is very steep (especially considering they're mostly 1-color designs), even including postage. Also, I'd either not include postage in the price directly (add it on at the end) or put more blatently and promotionally 'free shipping' or such. You might also want to offer non-signed delivery if it'll save the customer a few pounds in shipping.

The torso shirt should be a lot cooler if it wasn't a square block, and instead blended into the shirt better with the clouds and rest of the background.

You list the Funky Afro in both regular and ladies' style on the t-shirt gallery, yet you can select both on both (and the ladie's stype one doesn't even default to ladyfit). Same applies to Rastaman and possibly others I missed.

You need some sort of FAQ for the shirts, at the very least a sizing chart. 'Ladyfit' is very vague, and you only offer one size of them. Other sizes depend o the manufacturer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theonerich

Thank-you for your comments, I have lowered the price to see what bites. I use fruit of the Loom t-shirts, 180grms which seem popular.

I have only just embarked on the t-shirt side of things. Do you know of any fairs or shows that are a good starting point?

Any advise is always welcome.

Chickenwiredwill

·
Registered
16 Posts
can't give away too many secrets!!!!!!!!!! as i've said before, never underestimate the power of marketing!!!

one last thing, £15 is alot for fruit of the loom, maintain the price and improve quality. do the right marketing and you'll get repeat custom and maybe a few retailers interested. (sorry if you already are, but might help?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts