T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Wondering about fumes from the chemicals im using. Im concerned with degreaser, stencile and haze remover. I know with the haze, well at least the stink it emits, prudent to use some kind of protection. But what about the other 2?

·
Registered
67 Posts
it's a good idea to wear the following equipment when working with those chemicals:

respirator
chemical resistant gloves
goggles

you may also consider a raincoat and chemical resistant apron while working at the washout booth.

·
Registered
985 Posts
This is what I found at union ink web site :
Health, Safety, and Environmental Concerns
Plastisol inks are innocuous when used with reasonable care. A true plastisol ink contains no air-polluting solvents or volatile organic compounds. The manufacture, transportation, storage, use, and disposal of plastisol inks do not cause injury, illness, or environmental contamination as long as the appropriate safety and environmental protection procedures are followed. Most plastisol inks have a Health Rating of 1 (hazard - slight), a Flammability Rating of 1 (hazard - slight), a Reactivity Rating of 0 (hazard - minimal) and a Personal Protection Rating of B (wear safety glasses and gloves).
Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Look at the MSDSs for your specific products to get a good idea of what safety precautions you should be taking. But as a rule of thumb, dehazers are nasty and should be treated with care.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, i know the haze is nasty stuff, got some in the eye once and lucky not to go blind.

I use water inks so not much of an issue with fumes there. Its mainly the degreaser and Stencile remover which are pretty diluted. I wear protection for eyes and an overall coat. But wondering if some kind of mask thing is in order?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts