T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A few months ago I picked up what instantly became my favorite T-shirt ever. The brand is "Cheetah" and in my opinion, the thickness, fit, and cut of the shirt is fantastic. The shirt I picked up is a size large, black, 100% cotton, assembled in Mexico of USA components, and the back of the tag (where the washing instructions are) at the bottom says "RN 48557" and "VN 57794".

Unfortunately, after doing some research apparently the shirts were sold at Mervyns... which went out of business a few years ago.

I've done a lot of searching to see if I could find a store that still sold the Cheetah brand, but haven't been able to turn anything up, except for this NYTimes.com article, which contains quite a few comments (over 130) from people who apparently also loved the Cheetah brand and were desperately trying to find out where they were still being sold or if there was a t-shirt out there that existed (or could be made) that was very similar.

That being said...

Does anyone know if Cheetah brand t-shirts are still being sold somewhere (perhaps if not under the Cheetah brand name, under a different name?); or have any Cheetah shirts in size large they'd like to sell; or know of an alternative shirt that is very similar in quality, feel, thickness, and cut to the Cheetah shirts?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

A few months ago I picked up what instantly became my favorite T-shirt ever. The brand is "Cheetah" and in my opinion, the thickness, fit, and cut of the shirt is fantastic. The shirt I picked up is a size large, black, 100% cotton, assembled in Mexico of USA components, and the back of the tag (where the washing instructions are) at the bottom says "RN 48557" and "VN 57794".

Unfortunately, after doing some research apparently the shirts were sold at Mervyns... which went out of business a few years ago.

I've done a lot of searching to see if I could find a store that still sold the Cheetah brand, but haven't been able to turn anything up, except for this NYTimes.com article, which contains quite a few comments (over 130) from people who apparently also loved the Cheetah brand and were desperately trying to find out where they were still being sold or if there was a t-shirt out there that existed (or could be made) that was very similar.

That being said...

Does anyone know if Cheetah brand t-shirts are still being sold somewhere (perhaps if not under the Cheetah brand name, under a different name?); or have any Cheetah shirts in size large they'd like to sell; or know of an alternative shirt that is very similar in quality, feel, thickness, and cut to the Cheetah shirts?

Thanks in advance!
Six years after your post, I'm still trying to find these shirts. The last of mine just wore out. No one replied to this thread???

· Registered
2 Posts
Just so you don't feel alone, I've been looking too. I still have some from Mervyn's.

They are the best t-shirts I've every had.

If I ever find anything comparable, I'll let you know.

I searched for "Cheetah brand t-shirts," and I discovered that the company makes sports shirts, but they're not the same.

Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Update: I've been searching for Cheetah brand t-shirts, and like all of you, it appears to be mission impossible.

But I may have an acceptable alternative. Today, my Joe's t-shirts arrived. They claim to be heavier than normal. I bought one that is 6.1 ounce, and the other is 5.4 ounce. They seem good.

I got two types to try out (listed at the bottom).

I'll wear them, wash them, compare them to my Cheetah t-shirts, and report back. Here's what I got:

USAL121141002-PC61-2000 Mens Heavyweight 6.1-ounce, 100% cotton T-Shirts in Regular, Big and Tall
https://www.joesusa.com/mens-heavyw...otton-t-shirts-in-regular-big-and-tall-sizes/

PC54R Joe's USA Men's Soft Classic Ringer Tee
https://www.joesusa.com/joes-usa-mens-soft-classic-ringer-tee/

· Registered
1 Posts
Website link removed. It is against the forum rules to advertise/self-promote.
9 years later. I'm still looking for basic t-shrits like my Cheetah 60/40 cotton poly. I can't find any as thick and heavy as the Cheetah shirt I have.
Hi there!
Have you tried eBay or other online reseller websites? I run a couple online stores, and I happen to have one Cheetah tee for sale that my stepdad just gave me with a box of his old stuff. You're right, the quality is great!

Even if you dont buy mine, you may want to check out eBay and similar sites periodically. You may just get lucky! Also, I have a catalog of items that my customers are on the lookout for, and I would be happy to add Cheetah tees to my list (I may just do that anyway, since they seem to be something special) and contact you when I find one in good shape.

Either way, good luck!!

· Registered
1 Posts
Closest I've come is some of the Gildan shirts but their thicker shirts are pretty rough & scratchy, as far as replacing Cheetah sweats, closest I've come in a reasonable/similar price range is Russel sweats... Cheetah sweats were the absolute bomb!!! Finally wore mine out last year :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts