· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to get the cheapest yet machine safe supplies:

1. Lint free wipes that are printhead safe
2. Swabs for cleaning the capping station
3. Cleaning solution for capping station and printhead
4. Kraft paper or parchment paper

The last item I was hoping to get some direction on. Can kraft or parchment paper be used for both curing the pretreatment and dtg inks?

· Registered
150 Posts
Why do some individuals seem to think silicone parchment paper is better for curing the inks? What would the silicone add ?
I'm not 100% sure but I bet the silicone does two things:
1 - doesn't absorb water as readily, so it can be used more times than a regular uncoated paper
2 - is nonstick so it won't stick to your print or the pretreatment.

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uline sells the parchment paper for $82 for 1,000 sheets. It's thinner than others but it seems to last just as long, if not longer. You can use the parchment for both curing and pretreating.
Have you tried their quilon parchment paper? I wonder if you can use that for both the pretreatment curing and the ink curing process. Any ideas?

· Registered
66 Posts
I have been using Garment Printer Ink in New Jersey for over 10 years. here is their web site. www.garmentprinterink.com/ They carry everything you will need at reasonable prices.
Thank you for the info. I'm new to DTG and I hadn't heard of this company. I just placed my first order! I am interested if anyone has tried their inks? I am using a Ricoh RI-3000 but I don't want to start using third party inks just yet, but I would like to start researching the possibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.