T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
So i have done alot of research and i come to find out that to get someone to do designs or graphics for you they will charge you a ARM or MAYBE your kids savings to just make designs of your ideas i mean i undestand everyone needs to get paid but Dang. :rolleyes:

So my question is how can i get designs and graphics of my ideas for cheap or medium at least. I mean im just strating off you know i dont have Puff daddy money --- yet :D.

Hope someone can help me..
thxs, Dolanmite

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I guess I need more info to answer your question. I need to know types of designs and how you want them produced, I would also ask what kind of equipment you have or are planning to purchase. This info will help to answer your questions. ... JB

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK,
So i have done alot of research and i come to find out that to get someone to do designs or graphics for you they will charge you a ARM or MAYBE your kids savings to just make designs of your ideas i mean i undestand everyone needs to get paid but Dang. :rolleyes:

So my question is how can i get designs and graphics of my ideas for cheap or medium at least. I mean im just strating off you know i dont have Puff daddy money --- yet :D.

Hope someone can help me..
thxs, Dolanmite
Try 99designs.com

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
If you are willing to pay, but just not an arm and a college savings account, then adding to Will's post, here is a thread for you with the names of alot of sites to find designers, as well as suggestions on using design contests, and alternatives to design contests.

If you can ignore the debate on how ethics, this is a very good thread on finding a designer.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t58186.html#post345248

One thing you need to make sure of is that the designer knows how to design for printing purposes. That is mentioned in the thread, but worth repeating in case it's overlooked somehow, as printers may charge again to have the art prepared for printing if it is not in the correct format/layout, etc.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Well a heat press is a good investment. I would suggest nothing smaller than a 15x15. I suggest buying aname brand (Hotronix,hix,mighty press,geo knight) These brands have solid customer support. I suggest buying a used name brand press if your budget doesn't allow for a new one. I have bought 2 used press' on ebay and have used them both heavly with great success. I would then pick a design and have it made intoo a plastisol transfer. This way you can press them as you need them and don't have to keep a large inventory of completed shirts around. I suggest you start by getting your designs and marketing together. If a press is a issue to get started you could most likely find someone to press them for you for a nominal fee. Good luck. ..... JB

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you are willing to do-it-yourself you can start screen printing for $30.
$23 for photoemulsion
$7 for ink
All the other stuff you need you can find around the house or make yourself. When you know how to do it then you can buy proper equipment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Dominique Breed,
My plan for getting cheap designs on my shirts and tote bags and other fabrics. Would be to use a custom screen printer who can screen print platisol transfers one color is always the cheapest to start with. For instance if you want 50 transfers printed in one color on a 12 x 12 sheet and you are buying a miminum of 50 sheets one company charges you $1.45 pwe sheet. But do remember you may be able to fit two transfers on this one sheet bringing your cost down to 75cents per transfers. just google custom made silk screened heat transfers manufactured to your specifications and this should give you what you need. I hope this info helps somewhat.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Isn't that post like 3 years old?

Very good information. I'm wondering if the poster is still around.
Nope, his profile says his last activity was in 2009. organicyayo is a newbie here I guess he did not look at the original post date. Although sometimes even if the post is old, someone may add some relevant information, but in this case...humm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts