T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this has been brought up before. But for those of you who are small potatoes (like me), I found a great way to have nice looking hang tags on your shirts.

Get some full color business cards printed (www.overnightprints.com). You can go all out on the design of these since they are full-color digital prints. And the cool thing is, they're only $39 per 1000. Plus you can have the corners rounded for a really professional look.

Then go to ebay, find a tagging gun (about $10) and some barbs, and your in business! I've been doing this for a while and really like the professional results.

Just make sure that when you design the card, you leave room to put the barb through it. :)

·
2,957 Posts
I checked the site out. Pretty good. You can get them double-sided and if you want the U/V gloss it's free.

This is truly a great idea!

I'm definitely doing this. I will have to drill a small hole near the top so the hole for the barb will look professional. I'm going to have my url printed at the bottom. That way I can use it for shirts that I sell online. And for the ones that are going in the stores I will just put the sticker with my UPC symbol over it.

This is great! I LOVE this place!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Been looking for a tag shaped like a tee shirt. Has anyone ever seen any?

I found a place that will make them custom, but it’s the initial dye-casting of the cutter… or something to that effect, that’s the really expensive part. Wouldn’t make sense for just me at this point in time.

Would anyone else be interested in such a tag? It would probably be in the area of an oversized tag as to include more info.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Personally, i'd do it through the label. If those shirts stay in a shop's storage for 2 years, the hole in the sleeve will be pretty much there to stay.

·
2,957 Posts
mmmm.....good point.

I see the magical powers of wizardry suite you well.

As long as you don't go around swinging your wand at everybody, I guess a little magic is ok.;)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I wave my wand where I wish....

My tags used to be threaded through the label loop with a rough piece of hemp string.

Trés avant garde.

·
2,957 Posts
monkeylantern said:
I wave my wand where I wish....
That's fine...just warn me first so I can cover my eyes!

monkeylantern said:
My tags used to be threaded through the label loop with a rough piece of hemp string.

Trés avant garde.
Used to be? Why stop if its so "avant-garde"?

It does seem like a good idea, though!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I only stopped because we're in reestablishment mode 10,000 miles away from where we did it before, and not producing again yet :)

Still garde in avant stylee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brilliant idea! I just came on here to try and find a source for labels to sew in...but I like this idea loads more, much easier! Thanks OP!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Ella said:
Brilliant idea! I just came on here to try and find a source for labels to sew in...but I like this idea loads more, much easier! Thanks OP!
If you're aiming for stores, I'd do both.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts