T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

Just wondering if anyone here knows a good (and cheap) place to get business cards printed, to use as hang tags for tees.

I want them printed in black-and-white on an uncoated stock (something with the same feel as good quality drawing paper, but thicker), but I've found that most places only offer gloss/matt.

Any suggestions will be appreciated ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
G'day,

Just wondering if anyone here knows a good (and cheap) place to get business cards printed, to use as hang tags for tees.

I want them printed in black-and-white on an uncoated stock (something with the same feel as good quality drawing paper, but thicker), but I've found that most places only offer gloss/matt.

Any suggestions will be appreciated ...
Try Vista Print.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can buy a hole puncher at any office supply store. Or invade your friend or wife's scrapbooking corner for cool tools that cut rounded corners, or add metal grommets for that industrial look.

Rick :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hang tags seem like a really cool idea but I think they would be a waste of money for me. Because I sell my shirts online and ship them to people, everyone will get their shirt, throw away the tag, and go on with their life.
Step back a second there - just from your name, I'm guessing you're attempting to create a memorable brand? All interactions you have with the customer should include them thinking of your brand. Including the hassle of removing something almost useless.

Hang tags are cheap. Pennies to have your name handled just for that one extra time. Think of Aflack. The more times you can even hammer just your name into a potential repeat customer - do it!

You're a creative guy, make a creative hang tag - something one in ten people might keep, just cause it's cool.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Instead of business cards, spend a little bit more and have bookmarks made and use them as hang tags. A lot more folks will keep them, and will see them whenever they read a book.

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hang tags seem like a really cool idea but I think they would be a waste of money for me. Because I sell my shirts online and ship them to people, everyone will get their shirt, throw away the tag, and go on with their life.

I have to disagree. I haven't started my business yet so I can't say much from that point of view, but seeing it in a customers point of view, the shirts and the company look more professional to me. I know on another thread someone had mentioned having stickers made and using it as hangtag as well. That way the customer can take off the hangtag and use the sticker.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the please of having a good friend who is a printer, we could have gone for the quick online solution but wanted something more unique to us.

We are getting UL shaped die-cut cards stuck together, front side black with white branding text and back is fuscia, the U has a hole punch and will be attached with lock and loop kimble tags. The tags are setting us back £300 for 2000 (15p), it's well worth it.

R

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used hang tags on my shirts for years.

One side has company name, tel number web site etc. Other side has washing instructions.

Washinginstructions for the application, e.g. don't iron the vinyl print or it will come off!!

It's there as an importnat reminder to your customer, who dosn't always know you should not iron or tumble dry the print, but also as a polite disclaimer.

It's worked for me and yes people do hang onto the tag with your details on, even years later.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have used hang tags on my shirts for years.

One side has company name, tel number web site etc. Other side has washing instructions.

Washinginstructions for the application, e.g. don't iron the vinyl print or it will come off!!

It's there as an importnat reminder to your customer, who dosn't always know you should not iron or tumble dry the print, but also as a polite disclaimer.

It's worked for me and yes people do hang onto the tag with your details on, even years later.
We've considered this too, we've got labels with the washing instructions, i'm thinking on the next batch we just use a full business card with our branding on 1 side and the label attached to other side, rather than label to garment.

And that's exactly the reason behind us wanting to have a unique style tag.. so people hang on to them. It's quite a common trend, I done it for years myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a very interesting discussion. I have seen hang tags on t-shirts before but, I just didn't know if it was right for my product either. I'm begining to have a change of heart after reading this post and generating some fantastic ideas for cool looking hang tags.

My question is, how exactly are you guys adhering the hang tags to your shirts? What kind of machine would I need to acomplish this? I've obviosuly seen the clear plastic srting that is attached to most clothing when you purchase them but, I have no idea how it is attached to the garment.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts