T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the feel of the Anvil 490 (4.5 ringspun organic) but it's slim fit.
They have a 420 (5.0 cotton organic) that is a standard cut but it's much more coarse.
Have anyone ever changed the sizes of the slim fit shirts and re-label the sizing so they fit more like a standard cut?
Basically I'm thinking for example if I wear a medium in a standard shirt, I should wear a large in a slim fit shirt to get the same feel.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,483 Posts
That's a smart move. I have done it in the past with American Apparel shirts. Interestingly, I don't have to do it anymore. Seems AA has gotten wider?

The only issue you will run into, if you advertise it is an Anvil 490, is folks who have worn them in the past and know how they fit. They will end up ordering the wrong size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a smart move. I have done it in the past with American Apparel shirts. Interestingly, I don't have to do it anymore. Seems AA has gotten wider?

The only issue you will run into, if you advertise it is an Anvil 490, is folks who have worn them in the past and know how they fit. They will end up ordering the wrong size.
Which AA shirt are you using? I am assuming it's way more expensive than the Anvil 490.
We won't market the exact company shirt we are using. Our site will just say 4.5 ringspun cotton-t.
Thanks for your response!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts