T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got it all replaced. Hooked it all back up and the thing is freaking out. I'm not even sure what to do. I had to shut it down.
So now I'm at a stand still. I can't park the head to let it sit in solution so I'm pretty well screwed. I guess I'm going to have to suck all the white out and replace with Flushing solution but not sure how I'm even going to go about this if I can't get the head parked. This has not been my day and I thought the task was easy and went smooth but something isn't right obviously.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jerid, I emailed you at your work email.
Matt said he was going to send me some photos of the cables so I could cross check everything. I'm really not sure what happened. I guess I'll check to make sure all the cables are seated well.

I'm so confused as I thought it all went smooth and I was proud I got it all changed out. Damn the luck if there isn't something wrong. Hopefully we get it straightened out soon.

I'm assuming everything works together and that's probably why they screen on the Platen Module isn't showing up. It wouldn't light up or show any messages.

Let me know what I should do. I will now be off part of tomorrow and wednesday so I will have some time in the morning to call in to your office and work on stuff.

I really don't know where else to go with this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys...I unplugged the 25 pin cable from the printer. The printer did it's normal cleaning and then sat down on the capping station. The capping station works awesome. I don't ever remember it working that awesome. Seriously. It's pulling ink killer.

So I decided to shut down and plug the 25 pin cable in and it immediately started acting crazy. I still am not getting any lights or info on the screen of the Y.

I checked to make sure the plugs were all seated like normal from what I can tell.
The fuses in the printer are fine as well.

So where do we go from here?

Is it something with the Z's 25 pin plug? I don't have a clue.
What sends information to the Y at start up?

I unscrewed that front LCD panel and there a red light on so I'm assuming it's getting power but not sure what else to do at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just unplugged the Y and plugged the 25 pin back in to the X and it's working fine. So something is going on with the Z.

Any chance you could call 812-760-3356.

Here's a photo of the "Y" LCD opened up to see if you see anything
out of place.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I did not. I don't recall unplugging anything. I was so frustrated that I'm not sure. Which makes me mad but hoping someone might have a Mod-1 that they could see what their Mod-1 looks like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Checking Fuses now.

So what should be plugged in to the left of the foam?
I don't remember anything coming off but it may have and
I just don't realize I plugged it back in. It was a long day.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.