T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I have seen alot of good questions and some great answers. So here is my main question.

All my designs were made with heat transfer in mind. I would like to see how my designs would look being screen printed. So what would i need to do in order to get my designs transfered to screen printing type files. I make all my designs in photoshop and have everything on seprate layers. But do I need to seprate the layers according to color or how is that done?

You can view my designs at [snipped]

Also is photoshop the right software for screen printing?

I know screen printing is better than heat transfer right?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your designs would look sick if you screenprinted them!!..I see that you print a lot of black shirts, these would look a lot better screen printed. But just my opinion. I would definantly try having a few of them screenprinted. The screen printer needs to have your work in Vector format (EPS, AI.. etc.) I don't think photoshop will work but I'm not sure. What I do know is that you can use Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. These are both vectored based programs. good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
From the screen printers I work with, photoshop is fine as long as you rasterize everything and you have it at 300DPI. Only real difference i can see between screenprinting and heatransfer is that with screenprinting you usually want to stay under 6 colors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
skulltshirts1 said:
I make all my designs in photoshop and have everything on seprate layers. But do I need to seprate the layers according to color or how is that done?
Print a copy of the whole thing so the printer can see what colors go where then change each layer to black so the film positives can be made for each layer..
I use photoshop quite a bit with no problems... You might want to add one more layer with a few registration marks for your printer...

·
Registered
227 Posts
skulltshirts1 said:
But do I need to seprate the layers according to color or how is that done?
Missed part of what you said (Been a long day) YES colors are seperated by layer
when using photoshop... a screen has to be made for each color in the print.. so to make the film positive each layer is printed individualy for each color in the design...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts