T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I submit a design to a screen printer, would it be easy for them to switch colors of inks using the same design? Or would that probably cost me double everything?

Also, do they keep a template of the designs so that if I go back to them afterwards, they can just re-use it?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
To generalise, most printers will charge a fee to switch ink colours, but it won't be a whole new setup charge.

Some printers will keep screens or film on hand to reduce future setup charges. Some won't.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's easy to switch the colors on a screen when printing. It does take time and chemicals and you will pay extra. Esp for short runs and multiple color changes. The cost depends on what you want...

I will reclaim the screens that I used to print your job soon after I am finished with the order. I will keep the files needed to re-output the films and the films themselves for a reasonable time.

If you are a PITA customer that wants 4 different colors used for 6 shirts each on a 24 shirt minimum and complains about my pricing being too high and will only re-order after you make three times the profit I did, I won't keep your files, films nor screens.

We all need to profit in this biz. If no one profits... we all go under. Your best bet is to establish a relationship with a printer in your area. Present some ideas to them and get some pricing feedback. Learn and go from there. A good printer will be willing to share how to save money on your shirts so that both of you are profitable.

Remember.... you get what you pay for. Quality and service cost extra.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts